Bring the spa home with the sugar scrub cubes!
8 oz. goat's milk glycerin soap base*
1/3 cup sweet almond oil**
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups turbinado sugar
Microwave safe bowl
Silicone ice cube tray
1) Cut the soap base into small pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir. If there are solid pieces remaining, continue to microwave on high for 10 second intervals until the soap base is completely melted. I used a goat's milk glycerin soap base, but any melt-and-pour soap base will work.
2) The melted soap base will soon begin to cool and set, so we want to add in the remaining ingredients somewhat quickly. Add the sweet almond oil and the vanilla extract to the melted soap base and stir thoroughly. Then add the sugar and stir well to combine.
3) Pour the mixture into the silicone ice cube tray, filling each compartment to the top. If your soap base has begun to cool and set, the mixture will be thicker and you'll likely have to scopp it into each compartment and press it down with your fingers.
4) Allow your sugar scrub cubes to cool and set for an hour. Then invert your mold and gently press on the underside to release the cubes.
5) To use the sugar scrub cubes, take one or two into the shower and crush them between your hands under warm running water. Gently rub them into your skin in a circular motion to exfoliate and clean.
-These sugar scrub cubes package beautifully and would make a great gift! Consider presenting them in a decorative glass jar or a muslin drawstring bag.
-If you prefer a substitution for the sweet almond oil - avocado oil or coconut oil would be great choices.
-You can customize the scent of the sugar scrub cubes, omitting the vanilla extract and adding in the essential oil or fragrance oil of your choice.